Do schools start reviewing your file before all your letters are in?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Mrd7889

Accepted!!
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm still waiting on one letter to be submitted and was wondering if this will keep some schools from reviewing my file?

I thought I was good on time considering before Labor Day is the rule of thumb... but you people stress me out

Members don't see this ad.

They do not start reviewing until a file is complete. Even then, they may be several weeks out from reviewing yours (as it's usually rolling by complete date).

It looks from your sig like you already have 2 interviews though so seriously, chill out. I had none at this point last year (was still powering through secondaries lol).

Reactions: 1 user
I was chill but everyone on here is so damn early lol

Nobody's reviewed mine yet that I'm aware of. Still waiting on two letters. Still getting emails from schools telling me they don't have all my letters... I want to say no way! and roll my eyes dramatically every time I get an email like that. I get heart palpitations when I see the school email address, as hope springs eternal someone will look at me without all my letters, and then I crash back down to the ground once I see it's just ANOTHER letter reminder. Yep, still quite aware my letters aren't in yet. I think about it at least ten times per day... it's not like I'm going to forget, but thanks for reminding me!

May I ask what two schools are interviewing you before seeing your letters?