Do similar scores on each section of the PCAT make it better?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mitchjp1997

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm currently a rising sophomore looking to apply to pharm schools for the class of 2021. I just took the PCAT two days ago and my prelim scores were the following:
Bio-58
Chem-72
QA-65
CR-62
Composite-64

Since these scores are all within a fairly close range of each other and because of my chem being the highest subsection, does that make my score look better to pharmacy schools?
In addition, with a 3.69 gpa and 4 months of pharmacy experience do I seem as though I'm a competitive applicant?
Thanks guys.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys,
I'm currently a rising sophomore looking to apply to pharm schools for the class of 2021. I just took the PCAT two days ago and my prelim scores were the following:
Bio-58
Chem-72
QA-65
CR-62
Composite-64

Since these scores are all within a fairly close range of each other and because of my chem being the highest subsection, does that make my score look better to pharmacy schools?
In addition, with a 3.69 gpa and 4 months of pharmacy experience do I seem as though I'm a competitive applicant?
Thanks guys.
It all depends on the school you want to go to, from what I've seen through research most schools like a high chemistry percentile. Look into your preferred school and see what past statistics were in regards to PCAT scores. You have a good GPA so I wouldn't think you would have to score too high