Do some invites/decisions take longer for some applicants?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rivatnt

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do people who are on the borderline wait longer for an interview invite?

I'm still waiting and a lot of people already got interviewed.

Also, does turning an app like in Nov/Dec take longer for a response because the admissions officer are busy with interviewing, reading apps, and days off due to the holiday?

Members don't see this ad.

Or what about still having some prereqs left?

rivatnt said:
Do people who are on the borderline wait longer for an interview invite?

I'm still waiting and a lot of people already got interviewed.

Also, does turning an app like in Nov/Dec take longer for a response because the admissions officer are busy with interviewing, reading apps, and days off due to the holiday?

Members don't see this ad :)
Some applicants who had their applications sent in back in September have already been interviewed and have received decision letters. If the school is not "rolling," your application should receive the same consideration whether it was submitted in August or on the very last possible day. I would assume that the biggest factor would be when the school received your application (obviously I am not a member of any admissions committee though). From what I've gathered, schools generally review applications in the order in which they are received. I think this is just a very busy time of year.

Overall, I really wouldn't worry! "Good things come to those who wait..."

:luck: :D

Or maybe I'm on Student doctor network forums all day on dialup. The admissions officer can't call me! hahahha.

calrx said:
Some applicants who had their applications sent in back in September have already been interviewed and have received decision letters. If the school is not "rolling," your application should receive the same consideration whether it was submitted in August or on the very last possible day. I would assume that the biggest factor would be when the school received your application (obviously I am not a member of any admissions committee though). From what I've gathered, schools generally review applications in the order in which they are received. I think this is just a very busy time of year.

Overall, I really wouldn't worry! "Good things come to those who wait..."

:luck: :D

rivatnt said:
Or maybe I'm on Student doctor network forums all day on dialup. The admissions officer can't call me! hahahha.

They are rolling!!!!

I'm scared.

rivatnt said:
They are rolling!!!!

I'm scared.

Where & when did you apply?