Do some people just make you want to cry in frustration?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Caysaene

Curious
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was chatting with a friend on Facebook and found out she wanted to go to PA school.

...apparently a biology "professor" had told her that to be a PA, she had to take the MCATs and go to med school. Um. Okay. After fixing that misconception (anyone heard that one before?), we moved onto the next one. That if she worked hard as a PA, she'd eventually become a full-fledged doctor. :eek: Where in the heck do people hear these things?

So her current plan of attack is go to PA school and work super-hard to become a "real" doctor. ...I don't get it. I told her to just go to med school if she wants to be a doctor. She informed me it was a dumb idea simply because if she did, she wouldn't be able to work full-time nightshifts as a PA-C during med school.

... :laugh:

Is there some secret school of people out there that get their jollies off of putting dumb ideas in freshman pre-med's heads? Because some of them make me die laughing. :idea:

Members don't see this ad.

So I was chatting with a friend on Facebook and found out she wanted to go to PA school.

...apparently a biology "professor" had told her that to be a PA, she had to take the MCATs and go to med school. Um. Okay. After fixing that misconception (anyone heard that one before?), we moved onto the next one. That if she worked hard as a PA, she'd eventually become a full-fledged doctor. :eek: Where in the heck do people hear these things?

So her current plan of attack is go to PA school and work super-hard to become a "real" doctor. ...I don't get it. I told her to just go to med school if she wants to be a doctor. She informed me it was a dumb idea simply because if she did, she wouldn't be able to work full-time nightshifts as a PA-C during med school.

... :laugh:

Is there some secret school of people out there that get their jollies off of putting dumb ideas in freshman pre-med's heads? Because some of them make me die laughing. :idea:

meh let women drive is one thing, let them be Do..........lol i jk i jk.

Isn't there a program where you can go to DO school for 2 years if you are a PA? You will still only be a DO, but I guess if all you want is to be a doctor, it works.

Members don't see this ad :)
Isn't there a program where you can go to DO school for 2 years if you are a PA? You will still only be a DO, but I guess if all you want is to be a doctor, it works.

There's a lot wrong with that phrase.

Just a DO? Forget it then.

And that program you're talking about isn't established yet afaik. Great, more nontrads TAKIN MAH SPOTS.

DEY TOOK OOR JOOBS

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KLni3wbndls

Dunno man, might want to ask polkadot where he heard his ridiculous version of the story ... go to DO school for 2 years :lol: ... JUST want to be a DO :laugh: ... wow :roflcopter:

Dunno man, might want to ask polkadot where he heard his ridiculous version of the story ... go to DO school for 2 years :lol: ... JUST want to be a DO :laugh: ... wow :roflcopter:

I think I know what he's talking about. I read a thread about some PA to med school bridge program. I can't find it anymore.

Holy crap, you're an idiot. :laugh:

Pretty sure there is a PA-DO bridge program that cuts a year off clinicals or something. Still a stupid statement, but yeah.

This looks like sarcasm to me.

1253930-this_thread_again_super.jpg

Just like in The Sims!

I wonder if she played too much Sims 3 or something.

And sorry if it's a "this" thread again - I was mostly getting it off my shoulders. I'm mostly starting my pre-reqs (though I'm a junior in college) and I've shadowed, I'm doing research, volunteering, etc, and I know what I need to pull together.

Being stuck in classes with pre-med freshman is slowly driving me insane. Who has the nards to announce that they're "studying anesthesiology"? Seriously? :idea:

If people ask me what I'm doing I'm smart enough to say that I'm going for a degree in bio and I'll decide from there. Too embarrassing to associate myself with "future neurosurgeons of the world".

Ahh. I had forgotten LECOM's bridge program. ...however, I'm pretty sure she's unaware of med schools outside of UW and OHSU.

VikingLegacy: It's funny you replied that since you're gunning for UW and I know I 500% have absolutely no chance at that school. I still wonder who in the heck told her she had to go to med school to be a PA. :rolleyes: