Do some people lie about their scores in sdn?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dddoch

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Or is this board full of geniuses?

Some of the scores are so high that I can't hardly believe!

I was thinking that maybe,,,just maybe some folks become so stressed with the incoming DAT that they have to lie about their score (and post their dream scores) to feel better and ease their mind ( like self-hypnosis) before taking the DAT.

Members don't see this ad.

That would be counter-intuitive...

Post higher scores -> People with average scores feel non-competitive, retake and do better-> Average Rises -> People with higher scores are no longer as competitive

Some people work their ass off and get lucky. Test is different for everyone, so thats not to say that someone got an easy test or a hard test.

So, if they did lie, its only hurting them. Now go study so people can think you're the one lying!

I find the timing of this thread interesting...
I'll admit that it is possible that people do post high scores, but I don't think it's that prevalent. I think the more likely explanation for this phenomenon is a combination of SDN representing a more motivated sample than the average pre-dental student and that people who do well are more likely to post their scores than those who don't.

Regardless, I think it's generally not a idea to be stressed with comparing personal scores with those posted on here... just be inspired to study more and rock the DAT :)

If these are the real scores-- I hope Im not screwed-- I took the DAT last summer and did a little above average, and am taking it again hoping to raise it--- but a 23 or 24 geez, i need to get whatever they are studying!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
If these are the real scores-- I hope Im not screwed-- I took the DAT last summer and did a little above average, and am taking it again hoping to raise it--- but a 23 or 24 geez, i need to get whatever they are studying!!!

If anything, we probably need to borrow their brains for the test :)

Look at it this way . . .

If you scored competitively or did really well . . . you're more likely to post your scores. It's always nice to get kudos from others.

If you scored below average or did poorly, you're less likely to post your scores. You don't need others telling you that need to do better because you already know that.

And there are plenty of people posting average scores too. Maybe you're just noticing the best scores because you're so in awe of them.

I think most people are honest and post accurate scores. It's an aptitude test, and some people are better than others at understanding/applying concepts. Studying hard will get you so far, but natural aptitude does count for something (my .02 cents for those getting upper 20's)

well i dont think we should be worried about what others score...b/c there's no way we can know if they are telling the truth and it really doesn't matter to our application...just have to accept their words, i guess....and if they're lying...that's their problem....

afterall it is an anonymous forum...
-ld

maybe not...but I think ppl with low scores don't have much interest in posting their grades!!
Plus, I think those who post their high DAT scores and high GPAs....like AA: 25 and GPA: 3.8 and create a new threads saying : "what do you think?" or "what are my chances?"
...are a bunch of a**holes!:D