Do some schools just never get back with applicants???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

natedizzle

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else interviewed somewhere and still not heard a word from that school, not even a rejection. This is my case with AZ, I interviewed in mid-fall and I called them once in december to see if I could get some info on my status and they refused. Still they have not updated adsass or given me a call. I'm assuming I'm on some sort of a waitlist there but how should I know they have given me no info at all. ?

Members don't see this ad.

I applied to UIC for admission starting Fall 2006 but still have not heard. I didn't update my application with them for the 2007 cycle because the last communication I received indicated I was still active as an applicant. I still haven't been rejected for 2007 either. Someone put a thread on a while back saying that they got an e-mail with a header of "No thanks" as a rejection.

You could always call ASDOH. They seem like good people.

Ive interviewed at Temple and Stony Brook back in Oct.06 and have not heard a word back yet. No rejection no waitlist. Im assuming by now the classes are filled. All the other schools I interviewed at least gave me some kind of answer (2 acceptances, 2 waitlist, 2 rejections). My application is still under review at BU and Tufts even tho my application has been complete since August and still have not received an interview or rejection letter. Guess my application got lost in limbo somewhere at those schools.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools are just slow on the ball.

I got my rejection letter from Temple about a week or two ago. I had called and emailed them in December to tell them I was withdrawing my application. So, some schools are just terrible about keeping up with people they don't ask to go there...if you were in or waitlisted, you'd probably heard by now. There are always last minute changes, but I wouldn't stake my fortune of cigarettes on it.

Last year when I applied I didn't hear back from UOP until May and from UCSF until July! I figured I had been rejected long before I heard. Every time I called they kept telling me they were still reviewing my application even though their classes were already filled. I guess maybe I was on the waitlist at UOP even though they never said so, but UCSF I never even interviewed at. You would think they would just send out a ton of rejections as soon as they filled their classes and waitlists, but some schools are just slow to let you know. I ended up on waitlists at two other schools and found out in April.

I think most schools fill their classes by now, but their waitlists aren't established immediately. If you haven't heard by now, you are probably being considered for the waitlist. Most schools will let you know if you are waitlisted in the next few weeks.

I think that it is so rude of schools to just forget you. They should realize all of the time, energy, and money you put into applying and interviewing with them. A simple letter or even an email would be nice. It seems like lazyness on their part and personally I wouldn't even want to go to their school.

I think that it is so rude of schools to just forget you. They should realize all of the time, energy, and money you put into applying and interviewing with them. A simple letter or even an email would be nice. It seems like lazyness on their part and personally I wouldn't even want to go to their school.

Agreed. I get the feeling that the admissions process isn't the crack/top-notch operation we all give it credit for...

That being said, I haven't heard from a few schools that I applied to. Eff 'em.

Yo man, it doesn't matter anymore. We got in to dental school and I will be seeing you at UNLV this fall.
On a side note, I still never heard back from Tufts, BU, USC, and UoP.

Some schools just don't know how to break off a relationship with their applicants, it can be awkward.

hola nate...i agree with fajita plus unlv would be waaaaaaay better than arizona. haven't heard back from a bunch of schools including all the california schools except ucsf.