do some schools just not send rejection letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

llort

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
and so you just have to assume you get rejected if you dont hear back from them ever? kind of like going on a couple of dates with a girl, getting bored with her, but instead of telling her you are not interested, you just dont ever call her again and avoid her calls. karma sucks.
thanks

Members don't see this ad.

very good analysis........... i'm thinking avoidance is easier :) But like both men and women, it takes a while for it to set in that the other person, or school in this case, is just not interested! :laugh:

Yeah - there were a couple of schools I never heard back from after they cashed my check. But I got a rejection letter in July (6 months after submitting the secondary) but by then I wasn't holding my breath.

Members don't see this ad :)
not trying to single out schools - but i know someone who never got a rejection letter or email or anything from davis last year.

sunUCB said:
not trying to single out schools - but i know someone who never got a rejection letter or email or anything from davis last year.

seriously sun? when were you complete? I was complete really late, like jan 4 according to their site; perhaps i too should not be expecting any :thumbup: or :thumbdown: from them

sunUCB said:
well Davis does send out rejection letters, so it must have somehow be overlooked or gotten lost.

all schools send out rejections (well i don't know as a fact but it's been said); they just take their sweet time

This med schools application is exactly like dating; if you haven't heard back from them by now, I think it is safe to assume THEY'RE JUST NOT THAT INTO YOU.
Go back to your roledex and focus on other schools.

i'm stuck in the "friend zone".

we like you, but not like that.

oh no it wasn't me...i'm still expecting a rejection letter from them....someone who applied last application cycle is what i was trying to say. but yes, as psycho stated, they do normally reject people, they just happened to overlook this person and not reject them. i suppose it could happen with any school, but it still is pretty weird.

Haybrant said:
seriously sun? when were you complete? I was complete really late, like jan 4 according to their site; perhaps i too should not be expecting any :thumbup: or :thumbdown: from them

PublicEnemy said:
i'm stuck in the "friend zone".

we like you, but not like that.

LOL!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: