1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Do some schools put more emphasis on Science GPA?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - DO' started by DORK7, Jul 22, 2006.

1. DORK7

DORK7 Member
    2+ Year Member

Do some schools put more emphasis on Science GPA. I did poor in my first year and unfortunately I did most of my science courses during that year. However, the reason that I did poorly was not because I could not handle science courses but rather because I was a stupid freshman who didn't work hard enough. So my science GPA is low (3.25). my non science GPA is 3.75 and my overall GPA is 3.47 with MCAT 26. Should I take more science courses to upgrade my science GPA and then apply next year?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Raven Feather

Raven Feather Senior Member
    5+ Year Member

Yeah, like all of them. But I would apply now and take some science courses and update them. You may still get in with your current stats. One never knows.

4. FutureDocDO

FutureDocDO 1K Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I agree with Raven Feather. You should apply this year if you can. Don't worry about your numbers. They are fine. Be wise about the schools you apply to and polish up your interview skills. You should get in to at least one school. The key is to apply early, pick your schools wisely, apply widely, and prepare your interview answers ahead of time (browse the interview feedback forum). :luck:

5. dr.z

Physician 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    I think you can apply this year and still get accepted.

6. ruck

ruck Member
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]