Do some schools put more emphasis on Science GPA?

DORK7

10+ Year Member
May 4, 2006
Status
Do some schools put more emphasis on Science GPA. I did poor in my first year and unfortunately I did most of my science courses during that year. However, the reason that I did poorly was not because I could not handle science courses but rather because I was a stupid freshman who didn't work hard enough. So my science GPA is low (3.25). my non science GPA is 3.75 and my overall GPA is 3.47 with MCAT 26. Should I take more science courses to upgrade my science GPA and then apply next year?

Raven Feather

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jun 16, 2005
Status
DORK7 said:
Do some schools put more emphasis on Science GPA. I did poor in my first year and unfortunately I did most of my science courses during that year. However, the reason that I did poorly was not because I could not handle science courses but rather because I was a stupid freshman who didn't work hard enough. So my science GPA is low (3.25). my non science GPA is 3.75 and my overall GPA is 3.47 with MCAT 26. Should I take more science courses to upgrade my science GPA and then apply next year?
Yeah, like all of them. But I would apply now and take some science courses and update them. You may still get in with your current stats. One never knows.

FutureDocDO

1K Member
10+ Year Member
Apr 21, 2004
Status
Resident [Any Field]
DORK7 said:
I agree with Raven Feather. You should apply this year if you can. Don't worry about your numbers. They are fine. Be wise about the schools you apply to and polish up your interview skills. You should get in to at least one school. The key is to apply early, pick your schools wisely, apply widely, and prepare your interview answers ahead of time (browse the interview feedback forum). :luck:

About the Ads
About the Ads