Do some schools waive supplemental application fees?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

feartheturtle

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if it would be wise to call some of the schools I'm applying to and asking them to waive the supplemental application fees? Has anyone done this and is it only on a income/need basis? With PharmCas fees (already paid and got verified recently) and supplemental application fees on top of that, the cost of applying to many schools really adds up and gets pretty expensive.

Members don't see this ad.

Typically doesn't happen. From what I could tell, I have not seen any schools that would waive a supplemental application due to financial reasons as they don't have access and do not request you to send any information regarding that. Now, PharmCAS on the other hand has the option for a "fee waiver" that instead of your cost being $150*n n= number of schools you are applying to, the waiver will waive the first school fee and each consecutive school will be $50. You can always ask, but I don't think you will find many, if any at all.

I know some California school like Touro, UCSD, and UCSF will waive the supplemental for income/need based applicants. It wouldn't hurt to ask if a quick google search doesn't come up with anything.