Do steroids worsen COVID-19 outcomes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dhcofc

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I’m posing this question for us to discuss and ponder. I’m seeing some early evidence online that giving steroids or NSAIDs to patients infected with COVID-19 worsen outcomes and increase the death rate. We are all trying to figure out when and if we should hold off on elective procedures that involve steroids (ESI, etc). By exposing patients to steroid, some of whom will contract COVID-19, are we potentially going to worsen their outcomes? It looks more possible than not to me. Please discuss.

Members don't see this ad.

I’m posing this question for us to discuss and ponder. I’m seeing some early evidence online that giving steroids or NSAIDs to patients infected with COVID-19 worsen outcomes and increase the death rate. We are all trying to figure out when and if we should hold off on elective procedures that involve steroids (ESI, etc). By exposing patients to steroid, some of whom will contract COVID-19, are we potentially going to worsen their outcomes? It looks more possible than not to me. Please discuss.
See other thread. Its a concern. Document possible increased risk

Status
Not open for further replies.