Do the EK verbal 101 passages get harder throughout the book?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drosefan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well does it? To me it seems the passages get tougher as you go through the book...If agree, which part of the book represents aamc the most?

Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

No, i don't think so. i actually think it gets easier in the end.

but in general, ppl get higher score towards the end for that book.

i think all of them somehow reflect aamc difficulties. or maybe one or two points difference.

hope that helps!

Well does it? To me it seems the passages get tougher as you go through the book...If agree, which part of the book represents aamc the most?

Thanks.

I think it depends. I personally stopped doing them, especially toward the end...the last few tests are horrible. They are not "hard"-none of their answer choices make any sense in those exams, and the explanations are ridiculous...they were harming me instead of helping me. I score much higher on TPR and AAMC verbal, so I know it's not me. Like I said, it depends on the person.

Yea... I got a 10 every single time I did an EK test, which was annoying because I averaged a 12 on the AAMC tests.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think they just seem like they are getting easier towards the end, because by that point you've put in quite a bit of work on verbal. I still never had a whole lot of score fluctuation after the first 2 sections though.