Do these courses count towards AMCAS science GPA

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Medjourney

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
These courses are not BCMP. I heard you can change the catagory of the course actually to one of them. Some of the course department names are Pathology and Anatomical Science, Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, Microbiology, Integrative Neuroscience, and Biochemistry. I heard someting about how a lot of people say if it doesn't have BCMP in front of it, it is not counted towards the GPA. Does AMCAS do it automatically or do you have to change the title?

Members don't see this ad.

These courses are not BCMP. I heard you can change the catagory of the course actually to one of them. Some of the course department names are Pathology and Anatomical Science, Medical Pharmacology and Physiology, Microbiology, Integrative Neuroscience, and Biochemistry. I heard someting about how a lot of people say if it doesn't have BCMP in front of it, it is not counted towards the GPA. Does AMCAS do it automatically or do you have to change the title?

Micro is a yes for sure.
Neuroscience is a yes.
Biochemistry is a yes.
Pharmacology & Physiology sounds like it will be yes.

Pathology & Anatomy = biology department.

They do it automatically based on the title that is on your official transcript, which comes directly from your university.

You can't change anything.

Members don't see this ad :)
So Micro classes would count towards your sGPA?