1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do they rescind offers for bad grades

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by Adi Prasad, Jun 21, 2002.

1. Adi Prasad

Adi Prasad Member
    7+ Year Member

In my final quarter I got some terrible grades. two D's in science classes. I am on four waitlists and am worried that even if I get in, they will rescind the offer once they get my transcripts. I know they claim this, but does anyone know if this actually happens?
    Any input would be good.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Doctora Foxy

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    That's an iffy issue...on my acceptance letter it said "acceptance is contingent on maintaining the same level of academic achievemnt".....I got a C- in a humanites class, but I heard anything less than that is questionable.....Hopefully, if you get in, the worst they could do would be to ask you to write a letter explaining what happened....maybe you could blame it on interviews and travelling?

I hope it works out for you....there's a similar thread in the allopathic forum, so check that out too.