Do those who receive early secondaries have a better chance?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by T-bruin, Sep 9, 2002.

1. T-bruin

T-bruin Member
    7+ Year Member

I submitted my AMCAS early July and still haven't received secondaries from UC Irvine and UCLA. I know people who have received them and submitted AMCAS after me. Does this mean that these schools don't really want me?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Yes, you might as well withdraw your applications now. ;)

No, I don't know if it's that big a deal, it's still pretty early in the application cycle. It's possible that they have some sort of system - like take the top 1/3rd based on numbers alone and send them secondaries, then take the next third, and so on (so that way they get them back in waves too). Or maybe it's alphabetical, or maybe by birthday - who knows? I wouldn't start to panic for a few more weeks though (as long as you are certain they have your contact info correct). That's what I'm telling myself since I still have to hear from those schools too!

:)

4. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I think you sent in your AMCAS fairly early and that you shouldn't equate dates with secondaries. Just be patient; they're probably really busy looking through AMCAS' apps and yours is next in line.

To put your mind at ease, my friend sent hers in July also (even later) and received secondaries in October. (IL resident) Received two secondaries from UCSF and UCLA(?) at about that time.