Do transfers from CC's to Uni's get that "rebound" chance, too?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tsukiyo

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a 4.0 at a CC, then took 2 classes in the summer and got an A and a B (Calc I).

I transferred to a state university and now I'm concerned about my grades. Here's what I'm assuming I'll have at the end of the semester:

O-Chem I: B
Spanish III: A
Business Stats: A
O-Chem lab: B
Bio: B

My main concern is my grades dropped majorly this semester and I'm worried it'll look as if I'm being lazy. (I now study 30-46 hours/wk so that can't be it.)

I haven't taken physics yet and I got all A's through Gen Chem and its labs.

When CC students transfer to Uni's, do they get that semester to do "bad" while adjusting to how universities are?

I'm also worried I'll have a 3.3-3.6 all the way through the uni and that the med school won't count the GPA of my CC. (My uni doesn't consider my CC's GPA valid for some reason.)

Thanks in advance for the help. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks to you two, you've made my day! *hugs*

And so far, with CC grades counted, my GPA is doing fine. :D

(Ironically, by studying the way most people do around here, I've gotten those "bad" grades. Maybe I should have stuck to what I did at the CC. I seem to remember/understand so much more now that I've gone back to my old methods. xD)

Thanks again! <3

Thanks to you two, you've made my day! *hugs*

And so far, with CC grades counted, my GPA is doing fine. :D

(Ironically, by studying the way most people do around here, I've gotten those "bad" grades. Maybe I should have stuck to what I did at the CC. I seem to remember/understand so much more now that I've gone back to my old methods. xD)

Thanks again! <3

Continue to do whatever worked at CC. It's good that you're trying to be flexible with your learning style/techniques but don't try to fix something that isn't broke.

If you do well on subsequent semesters, you should be fine and I doubt anyone will bring it up.

The med school application service will require transcripts from all schools attended and will include all the CC grades regardless of what your university does.

this might shatter my MD dreams

I started at CC and was accepted into med school, If I did it then so can you. Best of luck to you!

I am also a CC transfer. I had issues with my first year, could not focus, multiple deaths in the family and a minor medical issue. I failed this first year and dropped out for a few years. Later I returned to finish and retook all of my screw up classes , W , Ds and Fs were all repeated. Eventually I graduated and moved on to the four year system. I still could not figure out what I wanted to do and this made the transition difficult and I landed a few Cs, Human bio and the Orgos. After I figured out what I wanted I could focus and grades improved to As and Bs.
So yes the transition can be abit hard but it gets better.