1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Do UCs share names?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by dopaminesurge, Nov 18, 2005.

1. dopaminesurge

dopaminesurge My friends calls me Steve
    5+ Year Member

From my other UCLA thread:
    Observation: on the interview threads, there are no overlaps for the names on UCSF/UCLA. While I'm sure there are many overlaps overall (outside of SDN), this lead me to wonder if they exchange names Ivy league style - like when Harvard lets an undergrad in early action and Yale/Princeton then reject him when April comes. Thoughts?

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. firebird69guy

5+ Year Member

It's possible.. although I've thought that this could happen amongst every medical school. The reason I think this it is because it's such a crapshoot to get in.. schools I thought would reject me have invited me for an interview, and schools that I thought were easy to get in have put me on hold. Go figure.. Are they collaborating?? hmm

4. UCLAstudent

UCLAstudent I'm a luck dragon!
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    In my experience, it's a little different: UCLA and UCSF were the only UCs I interviewed at. No love from UCI, UCSD, and UCD. I have some friends who had the same situation last year.

I have heard that the UCs talk to each other ... not sure if it's true, though.

5. Overeducated

7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    yes... I knew it! They're conspiring against me! :scared:

6. tree2005

tree2005 Junior Member

i think the UC's talk to each other. i interviewed at UCSF and will be interviewing at UCLA. but i've been put on hold at UCSD and UCI *sigh*.
    weird system. but then again, this whole application process is random. u never know.....:confused:
    and im sure there are brilliant people out there who will interview at all the UC's.....so who knows.

7. SeventhSon

SeventhSon SIMMER DOWN
    7+ Year Member

MDApps:
    MD/PhD Student
    my friend john (bluntman) interviewed at UCLA with me (MSTP) and is interviewing at UCSF in december (MD-only)

8. jjmack

jjmack Senior Member
    15+ Year Member

MD/PhD Student, Resident [Any Field]
    I don't know about the sharing, but I know last year when I was applying I applied to UCSD, UCSF, and UCLA all MSTP. And guess what...the only one to interview me was UCSF for MSTP.

9. mkanchan

mkanchan Junior Member
    5+ Year Member

i think the UCs might share names. When I went to interview at UCLA, my interviewer kept trying to tell me why I should go to UCLA over UCSF. But I never told him I interviewed at UCSF before. Weird...

10. gossmer

gossmer Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Cool - so since Irvine is blowing me off, does this mean UCSF will take me? I think I'll choose to believe that - it makes for a nice weekend.