Do UCs share names?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

dopaminesurge

My friends calls me Steve
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
From my other UCLA thread:
Observation: on the interview threads, there are no overlaps for the names on UCSF/UCLA. While I'm sure there are many overlaps overall (outside of SDN), this lead me to wonder if they exchange names Ivy league style - like when Harvard lets an undergrad in early action and Yale/Princeton then reject him when April comes. Thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

dopaminesurge said:
From my other UCLA thread:
Observation: on the interview threads, there are no overlaps for the names on UCSF/UCLA. While I'm sure there are many overlaps overall (outside of SDN), this lead me to wonder if they exchange names Ivy league style - like when Harvard lets an undergrad in early action and Yale/Princeton then reject him when April comes. Thoughts?

It's possible.. although I've thought that this could happen amongst every medical school. The reason I think this it is because it's such a crapshoot to get in.. schools I thought would reject me have invited me for an interview, and schools that I thought were easy to get in have put me on hold. Go figure.. Are they collaborating?? hmm

In my experience, it's a little different: UCLA and UCSF were the only UCs I interviewed at. No love from UCI, UCSD, and UCD. I have some friends who had the same situation last year.

I have heard that the UCs talk to each other ... not sure if it's true, though.

Members don't see this ad :)
UCLAstudent said:

yes... I knew it! They're conspiring against me! :scared:

UCLAstudent said:
In my experience, it's a little different: UCLA and UCSF were the only UCs I interviewed at. No love from UCI, UCSD, and UCD. I have some friends who had the same situation last year.

i think the UC's talk to each other. i interviewed at UCSF and will be interviewing at UCLA. but i've been put on hold at UCSD and UCI *sigh*.
weird system. but then again, this whole application process is random. u never know.....:confused:
and im sure there are brilliant people out there who will interview at all the UC's.....so who knows.

my friend john (bluntman) interviewed at UCLA with me (MSTP) and is interviewing at UCSF in december (MD-only)

I don't know about the sharing, but I know last year when I was applying I applied to UCSD, UCSF, and UCLA all MSTP. And guess what...the only one to interview me was UCSF for MSTP.

i think the UCs might share names. When I went to interview at UCLA, my interviewer kept trying to tell me why I should go to UCLA over UCSF. But I never told him I interviewed at UCSF before. Weird...

mkanchan said:
i think the UCs might share names. When I went to interview at UCLA, my interviewer kept trying to tell me why I should go to UCLA over UCSF. But I never told him I interviewed at UCSF before. Weird...

Cool - so since Irvine is blowing me off, does this mean UCSF will take me? I think I'll choose to believe that - it makes for a nice weekend.