DO urology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ratch

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone comment on the strengths and weaknesses of DO uro programs. I am familiar with most of them b/c they are here in MI, but haven't been able to get much student/resident feedback locally. Anyone have any comments?

Thanx

Members don't see this ad.

The overall repuration of residency programs in midwest for DOs is very good.

Programs are older...
I am not sure particularly about urology programs but I know being about to secure a spot in urology in any program is excellent....most of the learning is your own responsibility...

I had a senior of mine who switched to Urology. He went to NJ program...
In his opinion, if I may recall, he loved his program....

Plus, maybe not so important the NJ urology program is run from southern part of NJ close to beach...

The head of Urology at Cook County is an osteopath. Plenty of cases over there and you better believe you start operating early.

thanx vent - i found out about that program just the other day, looks like there are two CCOM affiliated programs, and idea if they are big CCOM acceptors (MSU here)? i see the advantage of working there being more unique stuff up on the operating table. any ideas on competition for the uro positions in general? i can't say i know one person in my class that is saying 'yeah uro!' except for perhaps myself...