Do US med-schools make you finnish 2nd UG degree?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SysBio

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thank you :D

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
What is your reason for a 2nd bachelors?

Granted, I'm technically in a 2nd bacc, but it's because I'm doing a post-bacc and the degree just gives me financial aid and enrollment priority--I'm not going to finish the degree.

If you already have one bachelors degree, then I think you're set.

My GPA is low.....

I hopefully will get a publicaiton from Masters so thats good, and I will be applying this cycle, but I will not hear anything until next winter

So when September comes I want to do something, and since GPA is my weakspot, I guess more classes is the answer

I want to be able to stop with that 2nd degree if I get into any medschool though

Members don't see this ad :)
It sounds like you're doing something like an informal postbacc instead of a 2nd bachelors. Are you enrolled in your college as a degree-seeking student for the 2nd bachelors?

If I apply to medschools this cycle and got in, would they require that I finnish that 2nd undergrad degree?
No, you are not expected to complete the second bachelors degree when you already have one. The mechanism you're planning for your postbac is commonly done, as you get priority for class registration and possibly access to further educational loans, if needed.

If you were midway through a masters program, it would be different.