Do we definitely list in course work the classes we plan to take next year?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Premed2003

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I just want to verify that we definitely do this?

Also....My school doesn't really use credit hours. A class=1 unit and a lab =.5 units
Do I just convert this to 1 class=1unit=3 credits
and 1lab=.5units=1.5 credits?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, you should list the courses you plan to take next year. If you end up changing things around a bit, it's not a big deal, you just let the schools know (unless, of course, you fail to complete the premed requirements or something like that. Don't do that!)

I would recommend checking with your premed advisor what to do about the credit situation, if you've already read the AMCAS help topics and it hasn't actually helped.

Hi!

I would say that you should put down the classes that you know that you are pretty sure that you are going to take and then update that part of the AMCAS later on or just contact the schools.

Also, with the credit hours, I ran into the same problem... I would talk to your premed advisor or school that you currently attend/or attended last, and usually they have a way of converting everything in credit hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys,

I'm not sure if this was a problem for only me, but I couldn't get the AMCAS web crap to let me input my future coursework. I tried for 3 days straight but it kept on freezing every time I tried to enter future coursework... so I just didn't input ANYTHING. I've been accepted to three schools, and none of them asked anything about my future coursework, so I don't think it should be a HUGE problem determinining what classes to input.

You're not required to list future credit and many schools ignore it.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by none:
•You're not required to list future credit and many schools ignore it.•••••There are also plenty who don't. If you are missing a requirement to med school and you don't list it in your future schedule problems will arrise. Trust me it happened to a friend. THey jsut needed to list their geneticcourse and would have been fine, but failed to do so and several schools came back with you have not met our requirements. After she explained they were ok with it. Avoid the hassle and list classes even if you are extremely doubtful on what you will take.

Just write what you think you will take. I ended up changing around my schedule a lot, and some schools asked in interviews if I actually took the things I said I was going to, but they didn't care when I said no and told them what I actually took.