Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do we have to withdraw from waitlist spots by may 15th or just accepted spots?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by a_student, Apr 27, 2004.

1. a_student

a_student Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Do we have to withdraw from waitlist spots by may 15th

2. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

If you interviewed at Loma Linda, you need to withdraw either your acceptance or waitlist to be courteous to others. :thumbup:

JK. No. You do not need to withdraw from your waitlist spots. It is courteous to withdraw your accepted spots if you have multiple acceptances and just hold on to one by May 15.

3. Bones2008

Bones2008 waiting for retirement
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    not only courteous but also required. AMCAS and AAMC require you to be holding only one acceptance after May 15 at any one time.

4. Adapt

Adapt 2K Member
    7+ Year Member

Actually I am not sure if it is required. I heard the schools will harass you past the deadline but you may still hold onto them. They may even rescind the acceptance if you take to long to decide. In that sense, it would just be better to let them go.

5. xanthines

xanthines decaying organic matter
    Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Yeah, you're supposed to give up other acceptances by May 15, although you can still be on as many waitlists as you want. The dir of admiss from Emory told me schools that start early can force you to decide by May 1. However, there are people every year that still hold onto acceptances past May 15, whether out of ignorance or spite (or something). She told me that Emory is allowed to rescind acceptances but they normally don't. I guess most people pick one when they are confronted.

I'm on a couple of waitlists with no acceptances, so I highly encourage everyone to pick one school now!

-X