do we send " happy thanksgiving" emails to PDs?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

entanercept

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
a

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Guys.

Is it a good idea to send thanksgiving emails to PDs? or would I risk annoying/irritating them since I am sure they must be receiving thousands of emails !

Anyone??

Are you serious??!

Thanks so much for starting this thread. I've been thinking about this issue too, and I'm especially worried that I screwed up by not having sent Veteran's Day emails last week. I mean, what if the PD at my top choice program is a veteran and I just ignored their special day? :eek:

Now I'm worried that if I send a Thanksgiving email to my top choice program PD who might be a veteran, it will just serve as a reminder that I missed the last holiday. Is it better for me to not send the Thanksgiving email and hope they don't notice, or should I send a belated Veteran's Day email along with the Thanksgiving email so that I'm caught up? If I sent a double holiday email, I would include a blood oath not to forget any other federal holidays from now until March 17!

I hope you two are kidding.

please go have a drink. it will give you some perspective into how that sounded.

Guys.

Is it a good idea to send thanksgiving emails to PDs? or would I risk annoying/irritating them since I am sure they must be receiving thousands of emails !

Anyone??

No. NO. Heavens, NO. Just chill out.

-AT.

Guys.

Anyone??

Yes. It's a VERY good idea.

You should also call each program and ask the secretaries at each residency department you are interviewing at for a list of the birthdays of each member on the interview committee. If their birthday happens between now and March 17th, be sure to send them a Hallmark birthday card in the mail (and choose a FUN card like one with Spiderman, The Family Circus, or Snoopy on it), along with a $25 gift certificate to Spencer's Gifts.

Last but not least, do not forget the neglected holidays as well... Boxing Day, St. Nicholas Day, Abraham Lincoln's Birthday, First Day of Winter, Kwanza(a)a, etc. For these holidays, again, a small token of appreciation to the residency program (i.e. something edible) is absolutely expected.