Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

do we send updated transcript to include spring grades?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by jmejia1, Jun 17, 2001.

1. jmejia1

jmejia1 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

I sent my transcripts a week or two before the spring quarter ended to amcas because my school is really slow processing transcripts and sending them out. Well I still have not officially recieved my spring grades but I know my grades. Does anyone know if we need to send updated transcripts to amcas to include spring grades? I was under the impression that med schools later in the process ask for an updated transcript.

2. Humps

Humps Junior Member
    7+ Year Member

I am almost certain that they want an updated transcript because otherwise they would have to go on your word on the submission to AMCAS. They don't trust anybody, and med schools need reassurance that your grades are what they say they are.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  3. Dagny

Dagny PGY-1
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Assuming you mean send the transcripts to medical schools:

It depends on the medical school. Some schools, such as George Washington University, specifically state NOT to send updated transcripts. I wrote letters to each of the schools I applied indicating my recent grades throughout the application process. Medical schools require the official transcripts once you are accepted.

If I misunderstood your question, and you were asking whether to send updated transcripts to AMCAS:

You can send it only if they have not processed your application yet. They use the last transcript submitted from the school before they verify the grades.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...