• Funniest Story on the Job Contest Starts Now!

Contest starts now and ends September 27th. Winner will receive a special user banner and $10 Amazon Gift card!

JOIN NOW
  • Site Updates Coming Next Week

Site updates are coming next week on Monday and Friday. Click the button below to learn more!

LEARN MORE

Do You Address Religious Leaders By Their Honorary Titles in Clinic?

About the Ads
D

deleted480308

For example, Father, Sister, Reverend Mother, Rabbi, etc.

I saw a Buddhist Monasteryspiritual leader who requested to be addressed as "His Holy Teacher." This seemed a little over the top to me...
That’s pretty long.

I will generally do military ranks if requested and a shorter pastor/father/doctor title if requested. I resort to mr/mrs otherwise. I will generally avoid first names unless they are adamant.

with a “most holy teacher?” I’d probably just resort to a lot of “you”. At some point requests get out of hand.

D

deleted993114

For example, Father, Sister, Reverend Mother, Rabbi, etc.

I saw a Buddhist Monasteryspiritual leader who requested to be addressed as "His Holy Teacher." This seemed a little over the top to me...

Yes- we are Catholic and I certainly do so. It is a sign of respect. If they prefer something else, they will generally say so.

If a patient wanted to be addressed as "His Holy Teacher", I would do so. If someone asked me to address them with a title that was profane or disrespectful, I would not do so.

Some physicians prefer to be called "doctor" when they are patients. I, as a patient, will respond to anything and don't care.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 1 year old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.