Do you Dream?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
M

moops

So do you guys have wierd dreams about med school? Ever? If you have- post them.

IN fact, do you ever have dreams of any sort that you feel wierd about or you think are odd? If so, do you believe they are any reflection of you reality?

Post it up! This should be a fun one.

Members don't see this ad.

Since I am doing physics, calculus and chemistry right now. I am sure you can guess what my dreams are about. I wake up to booming voices, say the sin of theta time force times mass time gravity + etc etc, or marquee boards of radical and integral signs streaming across the vision field and for chemistry all the wonderful unit analysis, and molar and molality and molarity
arrrrrghhh....
:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

Well I had a dream about my top choice school a few nights ago--UCSF.

Okay, I interviewed in mid-January, and they called all the interviewees back to the school for some sort of "meeting" where they would tell us who they were going to admit.

They told us to stand in a line, and they would call about 45 of our names, and there were about 90 of us, so we had about a 50% chance.

Once they started calling names, I was pretty confident in my chances. But they kept calling people, and I wasn't one of them, so I began to get nervous. They had called about 35-40 names and I was really scared. All of a sudden, my d*mn alarm clock went off, and I had to go to class! It could have been a vision of the future, and I didn't even get to finish the vision! I was so upset, you wouldn't believe!

Members don't see this ad :)
i had this really disturbing dream about squirrels.... they were squashed all over the road and i was driving trying to miss them and their living friends were running out under my tires, squirrels everywhere!! i was swerving wildly fom side to side trying to miss the buggers..

myabe this dream shows that squirrels really have a death wish in real life...

I dreamt I was a squirrel...

I keep having bizarro dreams (building rafts made of balsa wood to float on rivers of pudding?!?! WTF?!?!) with the entire cast of characters being folks from my high school. People I haven't seen or even thought of from 15 years ago keep on popping up!

I had these high school dreams before the MCAT last year and before getting married - so I'm inclined to think that some sort of pent up anxiety or apprehension experienced in high school is channeled during uncertain times. As if high school wasn't bad enough the first time! Sheesh!

I keep having dreams about New York City. I'm hoping these dreams mean that I will be accepted to one of the schools I interviewed at in NY.

And Hanson. Does anyone remember the cutesy little band with the blonde-haired brothers from a few years ago?? I dreamed that I went skateboarding with them in Central Park and then we went to a rodeo in Rockefeller Center.

Bizarre.

Originally posted by Pinki
I had these high school dreams before the MCAT last year and before getting married - so I'm inclined to think that some sort of pent up anxiety or apprehension experienced in high school is channeled during uncertain times. As if high school wasn't bad enough the first time! Sheesh!
I had horrendous h.s. dreams at the end of undergrad, when I had finals as well as a make-up exam for a calc class I had taken 3 years earlier. I kept dreaming that I hadn't finished h.s. (almost didn't), and I had to go back and finish just one more class. Waaaaay anxiety related, methinks.

I dreamt last night that a column of tiny grey spiders was crawling out of hole in my forearm and jumping one by one off of my hand.

okay- these are some interesting responses, i'm glad i started this thread!

do you guys ever have dreams that you don't know why you had? and you can not find any real life application, or anything that has been in your mind, to apply and you remain baffled?

another possible topic

I always have this dream that a big round boulder is rolling right behind me and I can't run away from it....kind of like in the Indiana Jones movie. Any idea what this dream means???

no one ever believes me but its true...i dream about the next day nearly every night. its kinda bad cuz i tend to know things like how an exam is gonna go, if i will go to a trip or if it will rain and i wont be able to, if i will actually get a call back from a girl or if i will end up with the blues....

my grades when they randomly come out...yes i get to know the night b4, and with 100% accuracy

i dreamt a long term dream a month b4 my mcat that it will go well and indeed it did.

i had a dream about being in med school orientation and that has still to be proven, nevertheless, my dreams r something i fear as i cannot stop the event from happening no matter what. if i will meet a person who i regularly meet at school, even if i avoid school i will bump into him/her in the weirdest place.

3 interviews, no answer yet ....time will tell

I once dreamt that I got into my three top choice medical schools after I discovered I got waitlisted to them all. When I woke up it was such a downer. I'm still dreaming about getting into Columbia. I know...keep dreaming.

Originally posted by XENON-RAMZ
no one ever believes me but its true...i dream about the next day nearly every night. its kinda bad cuz i tend to know things like how an exam is gonna go, if i will go to a trip or if it will rain and i wont be able to, if i will actually get a call back from a girl or if i will end up with the blues....

my grades when they randomly come out...yes i get to know the night b4, and with 100% accuracy

i dreamt a long term dream a month b4 my mcat that it will go well and indeed it did.

i had a dream about being in med school orientation and that has still to be proven, nevertheless, my dreams r something i fear as i cannot stop the event from happening no matter what. if i will meet a person who i regularly meet at school, even if i avoid school i will bump into him/her in the weirdest place.

3 interviews, no answer yet ....time will tell

I know what you're talking about. While I don't dream about stuff that happens the next day, I always dream about something that is going to happen. And I don't even realized that I dreamed about it until it happens.

Originally posted by MaybeMD
I know what you're talking about. While I don't dream about stuff that happens the next day, I always dream about something that is going to happen. And I don't even realized that I dreamed about it until it happens.

This happens to me every once in a while. Its weird because it feels like deja vu, but it really isn't because it never really happened in the first place. I think that we all have some type of ability to see things in the future, but we have not evolved enough as human beings to fully develop this skill...maybe in about another 250 million years.

I used to dream about taking a big exam, the night before the exam. For some reason, I always aced those exams that I dreamed about taking. I always knew which exams I was going to ace and which ones I wouldn't before taking an exam. It never failed. Too bad I never dreamt about taking the MCAT.

Originally posted by MaybeMD

Yeah, the same thing happens to me too. The dreams I have about future events always seem a lot more "real" than other dreams, and it kind of freaks me out for a minute after I realize I dreamt something that just happened. I've actually written some of my dreams down and gone back to look at them later, so I know I'm not making it up.

Unfortunately, most of my dreams are about really mundane, unimportant events. I would love to have a dream about getting into med school (still no acceptances, yet). *sigh*

That sounds disturbing, yet peaceful.