Do you duty...vote for your top 'top' school!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Which of these US News top 15 research schools do you like best?

• Harvard

Votes: 28 12.4%
  • Johns Hopkins

Votes: 19 8.4%
  • WashU

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • UCSF

Votes: 23 10.2%
  • Stanford

Votes: 13 5.8%
  • Duke

Votes: 11 4.9%
  • Yale

Votes: 14 6.2%
  • Baylor

• Columbia

• Michigan

• UCLA

Votes: 16 7.1%
  • Cornell

• Chicago

• Pittsburgh

Votes: 10 4.4%
  • Vandy

• Total voters

g8terboi

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the spirit of the election season (and copying a similar poll from last year), I'm curious which "top ranked" school people like the best. Please make your selection with an "all else being equal" label regarding the cost of tuition.

In addition, perhaps this thread will keep down the number of comparison threads later on.

Members don't see this ad.

Where do I vote? I want to put mine in for Cornell!!! I pray every day they will accept me.:love:

Oh, sorry for not including U Washington and UCSD....it's their fault for accepting soooo few OOSters ;)

Members don't see this ad :)
In the spirit of the election season (and copying a similar poll from last year), I'm curious which "top ranked" school people like the best. Please make your selection with an "all else being equal" label regarding the cost of tuition.

In addition, perhaps this thread will keep down the number of comparison threads later on.

How come Penn didn't make your list?

yikes! my bad...perhaps the mods can help with editing a poll.

If we are doing US news top 20, where is Mayo? You should have just listed all 125 of them lol, cause I want to go to one not in the top 20, but if I had to go to one of them it would JHU

Where is UCSD? They should definitely be a consideration considering their close location to major biotech corporations.

duke duke muthaf*cka!

Members don't see this ad :)
JHU:D
UPitt is a close second

I'm incredibly jealous. A free ride to Vandy would be a dream come true.
Yeah man thanks. I'm incredibly grateful. I never in my wildest dreams anticipated this much success.

Lol to Texans, Baylor is where Jesus would had gone to medical school if he had to go somewhere.

well if I get into Vandy I'll have to take you out and have you buy me a beer, since you'll be the one with all the money :lol:

Can I come??

I'm thinking positive thoughts (I will get in to Vandy) because I loved that school soooooo much. armybound, here's to hoping Vandy sends you a very merry Christmas!

Bump!

It's pretty cool to see that every school is getting some love (some just a tad more than others I guess...haha)

Oh, sorry for not including U Washington and UCSD....it's their fault for accepting soooo few OOSters ;)
Bleh! Now I can't vote cause UW is what I would have voted for. :D

Should I go with my UG institution or the one that's accepted me? I'm going to vote for the latter - Cornell, which gave me my first top-school acceptance. Yay!

Just wanted to say Congratulations. I'm hardcore jealous of you. I was looking at your MDApps, amazing. Goes to show, that it isn't just numbers and an MCAT score.
Thanks. That really means a lot to me. Goodluck with your endeavors!

Um, Vandy is ranked #18, not in the top 15. Cornell, Pitt and Chicago are all tied for 15, which really means one is 16 and one is 17, so two more schools got bumped out of the top 15 as well. Penn should be in there, as should UW and UCSD.
Tom-AY-to, Tom-AH-to

Surprisingly (or not) the med school with the most stringent number requirments is near the bottom.

All those are top ranked schools. What if my number one school is SIU or something?

I voted for my favorite 'top' school, & got an interview invite from them a few hrs later... do you think the admissions committee is psychic & could tell it was my fav?;)

I voted for my favorite 'top' school, & got an interview invite from them a few hrs later... do you think the admissions committee is psychic & could tell it was my fav?;)

Awesome. I was about to choose my top school, but I realized I got rejected from them a few days ago so I picked another top school. Hopefully I get an interview there too! :luck:

I totally missed the last lucky thread for interviews before it got locked down.... here's hoping this one works too? Chicago I love you, I voted for you, can I pretty please have an interview??? :luck: