Do you eat breakfast?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Just finished a master's in nutrition, brah...

Ahem.

Eat when you're hungry. Caveats: if you always become hungry mid-lecture, you need to be prepared with healthy snacks, so that you aren't being hungry (and brain-foggy) for hours past the point when your body is yelling at you. If you aren't eating a balanced diet, gluconeogenesis may be impaired, in which case you need to eat your CHO. Ditto for EtOH consumption.

Eat mixed meals/snacks whenever possible (CHO + PRO + fat at the same time). Stable blood glucose is your friend. Caffeine is fine, but coffee and a donut will have your ass dragging 2hr later. Boil some (pastured) eggs on the weekends. Buy mixed nuts in bulk. Grass-fed beef jerky is a fine thing. Carry noms (<-- technical term).

Members don't see this ad.

My cholesterol is actually perfect, Poo Man.

You do realize cholesterol the molecule that's found in egg yolks is not the same "cholesterol" thaf is carried in the serum, right? The "cholesterol" you're referring to are lipoproteins, of which only one component is cholesterol. And not all lipoproteins are created equal.

http://blog.trackyourplaque.com/2012/02/60-year-old-man-dies-of-high-cholesterol.html

Yeah I've been eating whole eggs for the last 3-4 years, and when I was bulking last year I would have 6 eggs a day over the span of about 6 months. My cholesterol was perfect. There's been a lot of evidence that dietary cholesterol does not affect blood cholesterol. Add in the fact that eggs are all natural and don't have any crap preservatives in them and the yolk has half the protein and every single vitamin/mineral and whole eggs are pretty much the best bang-for-your-buck nutrition you can get.

Leangains' top post right now is on post-breakfast hunger (insulin secretions and cortisol awakening response). It's evidence-based and not so bro-science-y.

http://www.leangains.com/

I haven't eaten breakfast in a few months and I'm at 8% bf. And I friggin love breakfast. (just eat it during your feeding window, easy).

Members don't see this ad :)
I do this thing where I only eat when I'm hungry.

There is no way I can start studying without eating breakfast

I wake up starving. The fact that I have to wait at least 1/2 hour to eat after taking my morning PPI is torturous. I'm pretty much a zombie until I get a bowl of oatmeal into my belly.

sad how many doctors are broscientists

I know I can't function by mid morning if I don't eat breakfast. Then comes crankiness...

I don't eat breakfast as much as I should....
ditto. i usually just drink coffeeee and then crank it till lunch.
however, I think I&#699;m gonna try eating prunes each morning for breakfast...

however, I think I&#699;m gonna try eating prunes each morning for breakfast...

Have you tried Bulletproof Coffee? It's gaining popularity in Paleo/lowcarb circles. It's coffee with butter in it, with the option of adding some medium chain TGs as add'l energy source. If you are someone who eats lowcarb and/or does some intermittent fasting, the idea makes sense since you will be efficient at burning fats for energy, and it eliminates the need to eat solid food first thing in the morning (which some people prefer not to do). If you eat a lot of Twinkies, bulletproof coffee probably isn't a good idea.

http://www.bulletproofexec.com/how-to-make-your-coffee-bulletproof-and-your-morning-too/ (other info about bulletproof coffee on this guy's site as well...he came up with the idea)

however, I think Im gonna try eating prunes each morning for breakfast...

Ull def go blind at that rate

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile