do you fill out classes for future semester?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaybird

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
on AMCAS are you supposed to fill in the clases you plan on taking as well or only the ones for previous semesters?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I was led to believe that only classes listed on your current transcript(s) are to be included.

I thought that there was a spot for classes you intend to take (they have to know you plan on meeting prereqs).

Section III coursework:

"courses you are currently enrolled or expect to enroll in prior to entering medical school". this is from the 2008 application worksheet.

I thought that there was a spot for classes you intend to take (they have to know you plan on meeting prereqs).

Section III coursework:

"courses you are currently enrolled or expect to enroll in prior to entering medical school". this is from the 2008 application worksheet.

I just read that in the help section. How ridiculous. What is the point in listing them if they do not appear on your transcripts. Oh well, I've got more work to do now.

So you are to list your expected classes for fall AND spring semesters?

Yeah, it's not very useful. I submitted my app with next year's courses, but then I decided to take different classes...

Actually, there is a point (i've heard). If you haven't completed all your pre-requisites, ADCOMs will want to see it listed as "future courses". That way they know that you know what classes you still need to take.

Yeah, it's not very useful. I submitted my app with next year's courses, but then I decided to take different classes...

Actually, there is a point (i've heard). If you haven't completed all your pre-requisites, ADCOMs will want to see it listed as "future courses". That way they know that you know what classes you still need to take.

I've completed my pre-reqs already. It should be optional so that people who have do not have to fill it out. I hope AMCAS takes this into consideration in the future.

jesus, i f*cking hope its optional! i submitted my application already and i did not list all my future courses, or even any of them.... but my prereqs are done.. please tell me i dont need to start freaking out

Same here bro, as I type panic mode sets in

No, i don't think they can require it. anyway, people often change their minds about classes even after schools starts.

Same here bro, as I type panic mode sets in

I highly doubt it is a big deal unless you are missing pre-req's. There is no possible way that they can know if you left them out since they do not appear on your transcript or anywhere else for that matter. If worst comes to worst, Just say that you have not registered for classes yet.

lol I didn't do anything of the sort either and I already submitted... if this is true and necessary, it wasn't made very clear by AAMC.

I didn't put them. It didn't say that you have to, and I don't know what classes I'm taking yet (I usually change my mind during add drop and I have no more requirements left for my major). I don't think it matters unless you are missing prereqs and I don't see how they can prove/know that you are even registered for anything.