Do you get paper to write down stuff on step 2 CS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Blitz2006

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Like while you take a history for the 15 minutes, are you provided with paper to make notes? Or do you have to remember all the info you take mentally, and then write it all down in the 10 minutes you have for the Patient Note?

thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Like while you take a history for the 15 minutes, are you provided with paper to make notes? Or do you have to remember all the info you take mentally, and then write it all down in the 10 minutes you have for the Patient Note?

thanks!

My understanding from watching the video (haven't taken the test yet), is you get 12 pieces of blank paper to write notes down on along with a clipboard. You're required to hand in your notes at the end of each encounter, but they won't be used to score you.

Good luck! :luck: I take mine in a week and I'm nervous!

My understanding from watching the video (haven't taken the test yet), is you get 12 pieces of blank paper to write notes down on along with a clipboard. You're required to hand in your notes at the end of each encounter, but they won't be used to score you.

Good luck! :luck: I take mine in a week and I'm nervous!

Oh wow, thanks!

BTW...what video are you talking about...???

BTW...what video are you talking about...???

It's here: http://www.usmle.org/Orientation/2011/menu.html They apparently also show it at the actual CS exam, but since I'm nervous I was trying to figure out what to actually expect the day of. I think it helped. There's also a sample patient note available and they show you what the computer patient note system looks like.

Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad :)
It's here: http://www.usmle.org/Orientation/2011/menu.html They apparently also show it at the actual CS exam, but since I'm nervous I was trying to figure out what to actually expect the day of. I think it helped. There's also a sample patient note available and they show you what the computer patient note system looks like.

Good luck! :luck:

Thanks! Good luck to you as well, I'm sure you will be fine.

Mine is in early July

How are you preparing for it? I'm just using First Aid....

Thanks! Good luck to you as well, I'm sure you will be fine.

Mine is in early July

How are you preparing for it? I'm just using First Aid....

Just using First Aid as well including going through a few cases with a friend. I'm a native English speaker and U.S. med school student that tends to have good bedside manner so I'm hoping I'll be okay aside from that. We'll see next week though! :xf: