Do you guys ever miss questions from old exams that you studied?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tennis Guy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I sometimes miss questions on exams that were the exact same on old exams that I studied. It is really frustrating... maybe it's because I'm too nervous/anxious during the test. So, I'm just wondering, if you guys have ever done this and how have you managed to conquer this problem? I would like to learn how to deal with this because it makes me extremely mad to lose even a little points from mistakes like this.

Members don't see this ad.

I sometimes miss questions on exams that were the exact same on old exams that I studied. It is really frustrating... maybe it's because I'm too nervous/anxious during the test. So, I'm just wondering, if you guys have ever done this and how have you managed to conquer this problem? I would like to learn how to deal with this because it makes me extremely mad to lose even a little points from mistakes like this.

I am the king of stupid mistakes on tests. I've gotten tests back and have been able to attribute every single mark-off to a misreading of the question or some other ridiculous error. I don't know how to conquer it, but I just wanted to let you know that you're not alone when it comes to these types of screwups :oops:

Members don't see this ad :)
Half the time, stupid mistakes comes from carelessness of reading too fast, not enough sleep, over-confidence, etc.

The other half, stupid mistakes are a deeper symptom of not really mastering the material.

If you are carefully reading and answering every question on the exam, and you're still making "stupid mistakes," you don't really have true mastery of the material.

Or maybe you have a learning disability.

I usually miss them again because I overthink it... I try going for the answer I remember it being, or what I think they think is the right answer, rather than what my gut actually tells me. If I don't remember the question, I don't have that problem.

Sometimes I miss them because I remember the 2 answers, but I forget which one I had answered (the wrong answer) and which one the key said was the right answer. :oops:

Yea, I overthink the answer to the question many times. I've cut down on these "silly" mistakes a good bit but not as much as I would like. I guess maybe that I should actually "understand" the answer to the question, rather than just "memorize" it. It is still frustrating though to make these sorts of errors...