do you guys really think i have a shot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

patelali

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey Guys I am really stressing about applying to dental school. Do you think if I get my application ready by this week, I still have a shot? I will take the DAT in first week of August . My gpa is 3.81 ...science gpa prob higher. Will I get an interview before the fall?

Members don't see this ad.

I think that if you feel ready to apply you should. You can submit your AADSAS prior to taking your DAT. Your GPA is high, so just make sure you get everything else together like your EC's and shadowing.

I've heard that some schools do not even review apps until August, so yes I believe you will be able to get interviews in the Fall. Just make sure to do well on the DAT and get your AADSAS in. Good Luck!

you are fine, just don't let august slip by.

Members don't see this ad :)
is it bad that i saw 'shot' and thought about drinking?

Haha uclazy was think the same thing!!

Do well on your DAT and you should be good to go for this cycle!

I wouldn't worry about it too much.
I just submitted my app yesterday. You have a very good gpa. Good luck to you.

Thanks guys! I am submitting my application tomorrow! Just thinking of which schools I shud be applying to...As for my DAT..im not really studying properly...i only studied a week or it:S but i dont have enought time...im getting pretty low (17 and 18 on achiever)..i don't knw..really frustrating :(

Hey Guys!! Thanks for all the encouragement!! Really appreciated! I just took my Dat yesterday after studying for 2.5 Weeks! I spent like last week of July doing my application like you guys recommended. I submitted my application on July 28th ..they received my transcript on August 4th and YESTERDAY I GOT AN email saying they have calculated gpa and will send everything to schools within two weeks from yesterday! My UFT gpa is 3.81 but when they converted it ..now it is 3.89 .

My dat scores were :

PAT 19
QR 19
RC 19
BIO 24
GC 22
OG 25
TS 23
AA 22

Oh yah...I lost 6 minuted during the test cause of the fire alarm:mad: and they didn't do anyhting !

Do you guys think I have a shot at Columbia??

Hey Guys!! Thanks for all the encouragement!! Really appreciated! I just took my Dat yesterday after studying for 2.5 Weeks! I spent like last week of July doing my application like you guys recommended. I submitted my application on July 28th ..they received my transcript on August 4th and YESTERDAY I GOT AN email saying they have calculated gpa and will send everything to schools within two weeks from yesterday! My UFT gpa is 3.81 but when they converted it ..now it is 3.89 .

My dat scores were :

PAT 19
QR 19
RC 19
BIO 24
GC 22
OG 25
TS 23
AA 22

Oh yah...I lost 6 minuted during the test cause of the fire alarm:mad: and they didn't do anyhting !

GREAT JOB! I don't know about any school in particular, but I'd def say your numbers speak for themselves. Good luck, but i don't think you really need it.

My dat scores were :

PAT 19
QR 19
RC 19
BIO 24
GC 22
OG 25
TS 23
AA 22

well if you want me to be honest... the fire alarm killed ya man.... u should prob re-take if u want columbia they don't accept 19's especially in QR..... hopefully the fire alarm wont go off next time

well if you want me to be honest... the fire alarm killed ya man.... u should prob re-take if u want columbia they don't accept 19's especially in QR..... hopefully the fire alarm wont go off next time

Hey thanks for replying and being HONEST (really appreciated) ! You think I should retake it? Ill probably do the Canadian Dat since I want to apply to UFT ...do you honestly think I have a shot at UPenn then?

Hey thanks for replying and being HONEST (really appreciated) ! You think I should retake it? Ill probably do the Canadian Dat since I want to apply to UFT ...do you honestly think I have a shot at UPenn then?

I think you're definitely good for UPenn. I wouldn't take it again, cause you can risk getting a slightly lower score for some of the very good sections.

Pretty sure that was sarcasm. You have great stats.

Hey Guys I am really stressing about applying to dental school. Do you think if I get my application ready by this week, I still have a shot? I will take the DAT in first week of August . My gpa is 3.81 ...science gpa prob higher. Will I get an interview before the fall?
You have more than a shot if your DAT matches your GPA.

false. i got a 17 on QR and i go to columbia.

aa should be around 23 with a decent GPA.

false. i got a 17 on QR and i go to columbia.

aa should be around 23 with a decent GPA.

Agreed, I just called their admissions office and gave them my stats
AA-23 TS-25 QR- 18 sGPA-3.85
they told me I should DEFINITELY apply.
The OP stats are close to mine so I see no reason not to apply if you really want to go.
BTW congrats on your test scores, alot of ppl would kill for those stats.

I didn't take my DAT until 8/17 the year I applied, and I ended up receiving multiple acceptances on December 1st. My GPA was also significantly lower than yours. You should be fine.

Good luck!

only studied 2.5 weeks and got those scores? wow...i'm jealous. congrats op, and good luck!