Do you have any questions about your Gräfenberg Spot?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SoClose

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have nearly completed a 12 month OB fellowship for high risk pregnancies. I've become rather close with with one of the senior docs here. She has been practicing for over 30 years. She is a unique combination of decades of practical knowledge and wisdom and still keeps abreast of the latest developments in the field.

One of the questions on her clinical new patient intake questionnaire is, "Do you have any questions about your Gräfenberg Spot?"

As you might imagine I was a little taken aback when I saw this and asked her about it. She explained that after being in practice for over a decade (20 years ago) she was amazed at the amount confusion and disinformation in the mostly (then) male denominated OB/GYN field regarding the subject. She was slightly alarmed at the number of fellow docs (all male) that told her that there was/is no conclusive proof for/of the Gräfenberg Spot. And is now slightly amused when she informed(s) them that not only did she indeed have one but so has EVERY patient that has asked about it and either found it on their own, with their spouses/partners help, or the help of her or her staff. (Much to the pleasant surprise of her patients and their spouses.) She said she added the question to her intake form nearly 15 years ago. Some patients know they have and how to use it. Some have no further desire to learn anything about it when they are informed, "The Gräfenberg Spot, or G-Spot for short, is a small bean shaped area about 1.5 to 2 inches inside the vagina on the top side who's only known purpose is for sexual pleasure. Would you like to know more or do you have any further questions?" Most have questions and want to know more.

This is just one of the areas where she sets herself apart from the rest of the community and I hope to emulate her. Thought this post might start some interesting (and hopefully mature) discussion.

Further food for thought. It was this same doc who pointed out to me that the original 1963 edition of, "The Joy of Sex" does not mention the clitoris at all. She keeps a copy on her bookshelf in her office as a constant reminder.

--Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited: