Do you have to finish Pre Reqs before Applying? (Dental School)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
S

SXCoronado

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everybody, I was reading my school's pre-dental advice, and I came upon this sentence: "Complete minimum predental requirements by May of your third year" which implies that you must finish all pre req courses BEFORE applying to dental school.

Can anyone verify this? I saw a dental school up in washington's website that said the same thing, but I was under the impression that as long as you finish your pre reqs BEFORE you graduate undergrad, you're fine.

Can someone please clarify? I am a sophomore and I still need biochem, microbio, statistics, and physics. I was planning on physics and maybe biochem next year, but I wasn't committed to all of those yet.

Please advise! :)

No. You don't have to have everything done before you apply.

Nope. You should probably finish O chem, chem, Bio, calc and english before you apply though since its on the DAT

Members don't see this ad :)
No, full requirements must be completed by matriculation (usually a set date by the school). I assume the "minimum predental requirements" are your general bio/chem/ochem/phys classes.

Just have all the pre-reqs finished before you matriculate.