1. Guest, be sure to check out How To Get Into Dental School, our free downloadable PDF with step-by-step details for dental school applicants!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice

Do you have to list all the schools you've been to?

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Stillmaticbeat, Jun 15, 2008.

1. Stillmaticbeat

Pre-Dental
    "List ALL undergraduate, graduate, and professional institutions you have attended or plan to attend prior to entering a dental school. Be sure to list and send all transcripts to AADSAS regardless of whether course credit transferred to another institution. Read instructions to report foreign and study abroad coursework. It is mandatory to print and attach a Transcript Matching Form with each transcript before sending it to AADSAS.:"

This is what it says on AADSAS. I took some classes at another school and got some crappy grades. I would rather they not factor into my gpa can I just pretend I never took classes there?

2. Thread continues after this sponsor message. SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Blarelli

Dentist
    Um, no. I can see why you would want to hide them, but they will find out, and then you will look very bad to adcoms.

4. jigabodo

Dentist

Dentist
    Chances are they will find out.

Over 90% of colleges/universities enroll in this service called the "National Student Clearinghouse". They have this service called "Student Tracker" and all they need is just your name, DOB, and SSN to find out all institutions you ever attended.

5. lemoncurry

lemoncurry tequila mockingbird
    Administrator Dentist

Dentist
    Integrity is extremely important in the dental profession. Don't let your first step toward the profession be one that is made on a foundation of lies and half-truths. Honesty is the only policy.

6. Stillmaticbeat

Pre-Dental
    you guys are right. i was just wondering if there was any way out of it. i was pretty much resigned to send it in anyways.