Do you have to release all MCAT scores?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ngenge

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Embarassingly, I took MCAT three times and I'm worried that admission officers will be less impressed to know that I took it three times.
Is it possible to select only one or two MCAT scores to medical schools I apply?

Members don't see this ad.

To the title question--yes

Hi,
Embarassingly, I took MCAT three times and I'm worried that admission officers will be less impressed to know that I took it three times.
Is it possible to select only one or two MCAT scores to medical schools I apply?

To the quote, nope.

Yes, it's less impressive but what are you going to do? The fact is you took it 3 times. Your score will be evaluated as such; as it should be, really. Many schools will take an average or the highest overall or similar but I think it's pretty obvious that someone who got a 32 on the first try is most likely stronger on his/her prereqs (and aptitude) than someone who got took 3 times and got 30-29-32.

Members don't see this ad :)
Agree with apumic. All of your MCAT results are available to all schools you will apply to. What schools do with these results often varies: highest overall score, sum of highest score in each sub-group, average overall score, most recent score, etc.

-admissions committee interviewer / senior medical student (16 days left)

Hi,

Not unless you took any of the MCATs like 10 years ago (when you weren't obliged to report all scores).