do you have to take required courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

pwrpfgrl

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
For schools like UCLA that require a Stats course - does it matter if you haven't already taken the class when you send in your app? I mean, would you get automatically rejected if you don't have it listed on the AMCAS? cuz I really don't want to take a class if i'm not going to get in there anyway.
Any advice?
Thanks! You all are so cool!!

Members don't see this ad.

Nope. I got accepted to UCLA and I haven't taken stats, and not only that but I've already graduated, so I guess if I was going to go there I'd have to take it in the summer at a junior college or something. Not a very attractive possibility.

Good luck,

Adam

I don't think they are too strict. I had only 2/3 of the required biology, and 2/3 of the required physics. No one even asked.

Members don't see this ad :)
Some schools are more strict about their requirments than others. Nevertheless, "required" courses must be taken by the time of matriculation, NOT time of application! Hope this helps!

Thanks everyone!

This makes me feel much better - why do now what you can put off until next year, right?