Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

Dismiss Notice
Hey Texans—join us for a DFW meetup! Click here to learn more.

do you have to take required courses

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by pwrpfgrl, Feb 18, 2002.

1. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

For schools like UCLA that require a Stats course - does it matter if you haven't already taken the class when you send in your app? I mean, would you get automatically rejected if you don't have it listed on the AMCAS? cuz I really don't want to take a class if i'm not going to get in there anyway.
    Any advice?
    Thanks! You all are so cool!!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Rumit

Rumit Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    Nope. I got accepted to UCLA and I haven't taken stats, and not only that but I've already graduated, so I guess if I was going to go there I'd have to take it in the summer at a junior college or something. Not a very attractive possibility.

Good luck,

Adam

4. Original

Original Ogori-Magongo Warrior
    7+ Year Member

I don't think they are too strict. I had only 2/3 of the required biology, and 2/3 of the required physics. No one even asked.

5. racergirl

racergirl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Some schools are more strict about their requirments than others. Nevertheless, "required" courses must be taken by the time of matriculation, NOT time of application! Hope this helps!

6. pwrpfgrl

pwrpfgrl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Thanks everyone!

This makes me feel much better - why do now what you can put off until next year, right?