Do you have to take the Pre-reqs before you Apply or before you Matriculate?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dart1516

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I ask because I still have one bio to go and I was going to take it this summer while studying for the August MCAT and taking a Bio course. But I would really love to focus completely on the MCAT. The Bio course I was going to take simultaneously is Anatomy and Physiology. I would still take another Bio course of course, but perhaps in the first or 2nd semester at my state school.
Does anyone know, if you have to finish the pre-reqs before you apply? Or before you matriculate?
Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Dart1516 said:
I ask because I still have one bio to go and I was going to take it this summer while studying for the August MCAT and taking a Bio course. But I would really love to focus completely on the MCAT. The Bio course I was going to take simultaneously is Anatomy and Physiology. I would still take another Bio course of course, but perhaps in the first or 2nd semester at my state school.
Does anyone know, if you have to finish the pre-reqs before you apply? Or before you matriculate?
Thanks!

Before you marticulate

Before you matriculate. Check the AAMC's MSAR book for the detailed information on the schools you are looking to apply to in the future.

Members don't see this ad :)
Tiger26 said:
Before you matriculate--I'm finishing Orgo II just in time :thumbup:

Thanks all! I figure it makes more sense to wait to take Bio so that my MCAT studying doesn't take away from that grade, and vice versa. I'm already registered for the class, but haven't paid yet, so we'll see...

Tiger when do you finish OrgoII if I may ask?

Dart1516 said:
Thanks all! I figure it makes more sense to wait to take Bio so that my MCAT studying doesn't take away from that grade, and vice versa. I'm already registered for the class, but haven't paid yet, so we'll see...

Tiger when do you finish OrgoII if I may ask?

I'm graduating in two weeks, so I'll be done with it then. I actually didn't have any orgo done when taking the MCAT/applying.

Tiger26 said:
I'm graduating in two weeks, so I'll be done with it then. I actually didn't have any orgo done when taking the MCAT/applying.

Oh, you're graduating late like me. You don't go to Dartmouth do you? LOL. Wait, do you?

Tiger26 said:
No, I don't go to Dartmouth

Oh okay. It's just nice to find someone else graduating late. All my other friends have graduated and they have tons of jokes, like "When are you gonna be an alum?" Soon. Soon...

Thanks again!