Do you keep in touch with your interviewers?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

argonana

SDN Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Most of mine have sent me away with their email addresses, offering to answer any of my questions. Is this a genuine offer, or would it be annoying to shoot them an email once in awhile?

Members don't see this ad.

IMO it depends on how comfortable you felt with them. If they seemed to be pretty cool and open, then go for it... on the other hand, if it seemed very formal and uncomfortable, then maybe not. I really dont think it would hurt either way, you just may or may not get a response.

DrMike24 said:
IMO it depends on how comfortable you felt with them. If they seemed to be pretty cool and open, then go for it... on the other hand, if it seemed very formal and uncomfortable, then maybe not. I really dont think it would hurt either way, you just may or may not get a response.

I wonder if they give you there card or if not, if thats indicative of how you did or what they thought of you.....?

Members don't see this ad :)
argonana said:
Most of mine have sent me away with their email addresses, offering to answer any of my questions. Is this a genuine offer, or would it be annoying to shoot them an email once in awhile?
I have been in contact with one of the physicians from Iowa that interviewed me. He wrote some articles that he thought may be useful to a Linguistics course I am teaching in the spring. We have discussed the articles via email. No big envelopes from Iowa, however, so I don't think it has much to do with your strength as a candidate.

when i applied in the past, i kept in touch with a few of my interviewers - either ones that said "feel free to contact me!" or ones at schools that i was most interested in (i make it sound like a lot of people, but it was just 2 or 3 i think, haha). when contacting them, my basic aim was just to keep them apprised of what i was up to and to remind them of my interest in the school. i never asked for their support, outwardly. i can remember that two responded and both said similar things - something along the lines of "although i no longer have any say about your decision, i will certainly forward this to the admissions dean." keep in mind, these were both weeks after my interview. so, based on my experience with this, i think it definitely does help to keep in touch with interviewers (at least the ones who seem like they wouldn't be annoyed by that). and, i think it's probably best to contact them very soon after the interview. because, if you wait too long, and if they're not actually on the admissions committee, it may be out of their hands to help you. best of luck. :thumbup:

BOBODR said:
I wonder if they give you there card or if not, if thats indicative of how you did or what they thought of you.....?

No, I don't think so. It's more a reflection on the interviewer's style. I got the impression that one of my interviewers emails all his interviewees as a follow-up...he's just really into teaching, conversing, and the interview process. Totally awesome guy.