Do you know any DDS OMS students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Yellowman

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was wondering if any of you guys know of any DDS/DMD starting med school at MSII entering as oral maxillofacial surgery residents. I am planning on going this route (6 yr MD/DDS prog), and I am curious as to what the med students think of this type of situation. Also, how to the dentists fair with the med school curriculum? A lot of the OMS guys here at USC say that med school isn't too hard because a lot of the stuff you learn in med school, you've already learned in dental school already (basic sci, path, physio etc). Any thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

Yellowman said:
I was wondering if any of you guys know of any DDS/DMD starting med school at MSII entering as oral maxillofacial surgery residents. I am planning on going this route (6 yr MD/DDS prog), and I am curious as to what the med students think of this type of situation. Also, how to the dentists fair with the med school curriculum? A lot of the OMS guys here at USC say that med school isn't too hard because a lot of the stuff you learn in med school, you've already learned in dental school already (basic sci, path, physio etc). Any thoughts?

my best friend is a 3yr dental student at Umich, and his 1st 2yrs with exception of clinical stuff was harder than the med students at Umich.
I think the 2 extra yrs is basically for clinical rotations in the hospital

lotanna said:
my best friend is a 3yr dental student at Umich, and his 1st 2yrs with exception of clinical stuff was harder than the med students at Umich.

based on what? sounds like posturing and BS to me.

MacGyver said:
based on what? sounds like posturing and BS to me.

based on what some of the M1 students said, hey dont knock the messenger :p :laugh: U of M med schl is p/F 1st yr, plus they dont have many exams at least thats how it was last yr, dental schl isnt P/F so ends up being more competitive cause its grades and had more exams. No BS