• AMA with Certified Student Loan Professional

Join SDN on December 7th at 6:00 PM Eastern as we host Andrew Paulson of StudentLoanAdvice.com for an AMA webinar. He'll be answering your questions about how to best manage your student loans. Register now!

Do you need a BA to apply or just finish the prerequisites?

goutamk

5+ Year Member
Dec 13, 2011
  1. Pre-Dental
    I was wondering if you need to complete your BA before you apply or can I apply at the end of junior year if I finish the required prerequisites and only have a few upper division classes before I graduate. By a few classes I mean one more quarter of college to be done. I plan on still completing the remaining classes and getting a BA but I just was not sure about if I can apply then or not.

jeffity

7+ Year Member
    Oct 23, 2009
    1. Dentist
      You don't technically even need the pre-reqs done to apply. The more the better though.

But you must have all required pre-req coursework completed before you start dental school. And if your school
      of choice requires the degree, you'll want to tidy that up too.

Your plan of action sounds fine and is quite common.

Last edited:

BrutalViking

7+ Year Member
      Jun 8, 2011
      1. Pre-Dental
        Is it possible? yes. Is it easy? No
        very few people get selected without a Bachelor's
        I remember a friend (who applied without the intention of finishing his B.S.) told me that in one of his interviews, the interviewer gave him a lecture on how B.S./B.A. is important. Needless to say, he didn't get into that school. But he did in another. Granted, his undergrad was in one of the top 10 engineering universities in the U.S..

jeffity

7+ Year Member
        Oct 23, 2009
        1. Dentist
          Is it possible? yes. Is it easy? No
          very few people get selected without a Bachelor's
          I remember a friend (who applied without the intention of finishing his B.S.) told me that in one of his interviews, the interviewer gave him a lecture on how B.S./B.A. is important. Needless to say, he didn't get into that school. But he did in another. Granted, his undergrad was in one of the top 10 engineering universities in the U.S..

He plans to finish. He's just wondering if he can apply without a BA completed yet.

About the Ads
          This thread is more than 9 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
          2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
          5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
          6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
          7. This thread is locked.