YankeesfanZF5

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Just wondering if you need calculus 1 for med school and what is recommended? I have A's in college algebra and trig. Planning to also take biostats or psych stats. Any info will be helpful thanks.

medic86

7+ Year Member
Feb 21, 2010
Status
Medical Student
Very few medical schools require calculus. The ones that do are usually top-tier schools.

Research the schools you're interested in applying to. Their course requirements are readily available on the MSAR and the school website. Take calculus if you intend to apply to schools that require it.

Reactions: Doudline
OP
Y

YankeesfanZF5

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Medical Student
Very few medical schools require calculus. The ones that do are usually top-tier schools.

Research the schools you're interested in applying to. Their course requirements are readily available on the MSAR and the school website. Take calculus if you intend to apply to schools that require it.

OP
Y

YankeesfanZF5

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Medical Student

Thank you. Do you have a link to the MSAR website? I would like to check the schools I plan to apply to a few state schools.

OP
Y

YankeesfanZF5

2+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2015
Status
Medical Student

Nevermind I just googled math requirements for med school and it gave me a great pdf doc with math reqs. Think it will hurt me that bad if I don't take it and apply to schools that don't require but reccomend it?

Fedekz

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2008
Status
Medical Student
Nevermind I just googled math requirements for med school and it gave me a great pdf doc with math reqs. Think it will hurt me that bad if I don't take it and apply to schools that don't require but reccomend it?
Last time I googled it I found a bunch of outdated information. I believe one of them was a PDF file as well, so try and verify what you're seeing is current. Go to the schools website yourself and check. Very few schools require calc these days. The only ones off the top of my head are Johns Hopkins and Harvard, but I'm sure there are a few more.

If you have the MSAR you can find the info as well.