1. Hey Guest! Check out the 3 MCAT Study Plan Options listed in the 'stickies' area at the top of the forums (BoomBoom, SN2ed, and MCATJelly). Let us know which you like best.

Also, we now offer a MCAT Test-Prep Exhibitions Forum where you can ask questions directly from the test-prep services.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
  3. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

do you or did you....

Discussion in 'MCAT Discussions' started by Omyss, Jul 29, 2006.

1. Omyss

Omyss Member
    2+ Year Member

do or did you do the practice mcats online or printed out on paper to mimick the actual test as much as possible??

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. SuperHiro

SuperHiro Attending
    10+ Year Member

Attending Physician

I printed mine out because I just can't read anything on the screen. I had to use all of my friend's and my own printing quota every week for abotu 8 weeks to get all the kaplan stuff out. Killed a few trees or two but it was worth it.

4. metastasis

metastasis Member
    2+ Year Member

Ya, print them out, and treat them as if you are taking a real MCAT. Its not very helpful to take an MCAT withouth the ideal conditions.

Go to a library on a Saturday or someother day, and start the test at 9 with PS, and than take a 10 minute break, than do the next section, 1 hr break, and so on.

The next day go over the answers, and learn from your mistakes.

Don't waste your ink printing out the solutions. Just view them on the computer.

5. Dr Durden

10+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Definitely agree with printing out the exams, taking them under isolated and strict test conditions (no extra breaks or slacking!), then checking your work on the screen.

6. estairella

estairella Senior Member
    10+ Year Member

Pre-Medical
    Definitely print them out. If you're worried about environmental impact (or just want to be cheap), scout your local college/university libraries/copy places for bins full of recycling paper. Usually, it's just paper that's had a bad photocopy on one side and white on the other... so you're not wasting paper. :luck:

7. WilliamsF1

2+ Year Member

Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
    I just take them on the computer. I don't want to waste any toner or paper. I would prefer to take them hard copy like I will in August. I don't think it affects my BS or PS sections because I always have enough time left. I think it messes me up a little on VR because I don't like scrolling up and down to look back at a specific line and it wastes a lot of time.

8. DiscoDoc

DiscoDoc Till I Collapse
    2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    I take 'em online, because I'm writing the CBT.

9. UMP

UMP Recovered Under-Achiever
    7+ Year Member

Medical Student
    print them out... my school doesn't have a print quota, so I'm pretty lucky :D