Omyss

10+ Year Member
Jul 25, 2006
Status
do or did you do the practice mcats online or printed out on paper to mimick the actual test as much as possible??

SuperHiro

Attending
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2006
USA
Status
Attending Physician
Omyss said:
do or did you do the practice mcats online or printed out on paper to mimick the actual test as much as possible??

I printed mine out because I just can't read anything on the screen. I had to use all of my friend's and my own printing quota every week for abotu 8 weeks to get all the kaplan stuff out. Killed a few trees or two but it was worth it.

metastasis

10+ Year Member
Jul 17, 2006
Status
Ya, print them out, and treat them as if you are taking a real MCAT. Its not very helpful to take an MCAT withouth the ideal conditions.

Go to a library on a Saturday or someother day, and start the test at 9 with PS, and than take a 10 minute break, than do the next section, 1 hr break, and so on.

The next day go over the answers, and learn from your mistakes.

Don't waste your ink printing out the solutions. Just view them on the computer.

About the Ads

Dr Durden

10+ Year Member
Jun 15, 2006
The Dirty South
Status
Medical Student
Definitely agree with printing out the exams, taking them under isolated and strict test conditions (no extra breaks or slacking!), then checking your work on the screen.

estairella

10+ Year Member
May 7, 2006
Status
Pre-Medical
Omyss said:
Definitely print them out. If you're worried about environmental impact (or just want to be cheap), scout your local college/university libraries/copy places for bins full of recycling paper. Usually, it's just paper that's had a bad photocopy on one side and white on the other... so you're not wasting paper. :luck:

WilliamsF1

10+ Year Member
Jul 6, 2006
Status
Pre-Health (Field Undecided)
I just take them on the computer. I don't want to waste any toner or paper. I would prefer to take them hard copy like I will in August. I don't think it affects my BS or PS sections because I always have enough time left. I think it messes me up a little on VR because I don't like scrolling up and down to look back at a specific line and it wastes a lot of time.

UMP

Recovered Under-Achiever
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Aug 27, 2004
Status
Medical Student
print them out... my school doesn't have a print quota, so I'm pretty lucky :D

About the Ads