Do you reply back to acceptance letters or is the deposit enough?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Ngozi Onyema

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do you reply back to acceptance letters (especially ones that come in the form of an email)? I mean like saying thank you or something or is the deposit enough?

I never heard anyone mention that they responded back to the acceptance email letter with a thank you but I was afraid it might be one of those proper social etiquettes that I was unfamiliar with.

Members don't see this ad.

with my school I just paid the deposit and signed a matriculation agreement before a deadline and that was it. Wam bam thank you ma'am!

I responded to my offers with a thank you email, whether or not I accepted the offer. I don't know if that's common, but it seemed like the right thing to do.

Members don't see this ad :)
I responded with a thank-you note, but the initial deposit ($$$) speaks louder

For me, the two schools that accepted me gave me personal phone calls so i got say thabk you right away...the confirmation deposit was to secure my seat pretty much...after that, i got my acceptance emails and letters..

Sent thank-you letters post-interview. Received phone calls for acceptances and said "thank you"s then! As mentioned above, I think putting down the deposit says loads!