Do you send thank you letters after your interviews?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

So do you?

• Total voters

Ryltar

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm just curious what some of the others are doing.

Members don't see this ad.

I had good intentions to....but didn't.

Members don't see this ad :)
Why not send a box of chocolates? :rolleyes:

Does this include thank you emails too?

I don't see why you shouldn't take the time to write someone couple of lines and thank them for their time, specially when you're future literally rests in their hands. It just shows that you're appreciative of their time, and that's always a good thing, because people like it.

Email - yes

Letter/card - desperation, which could be good or bad, but I would think mostly bad

Email - yes

Letter/card - desperation, which could be good or bad, but I would think mostly bad

I disagree, don't think a card says desperation. Card says you appreciate their time enough to spend more than five seconds writing a one line email. Personally I don't think it's going to make a difference whether you send an email, card or absolutely nothing. It's just polite.

I agree, I think a card isn't desperate. It just tells them that you took the time to go to the store, buy stamps, hand-write a letter and send it, rather than just throwing a couple of words together in gmail in 5 minutes. Personally, I am very thankful for my interviews and I don't see adcoms taking appreciation as a front for pestering and annoyance. I'm definitely sending one.

How late would you consider too late to send one?

I think after about a week. I try to mail mine out the day after the interview.