Do you stop practicing medicine when you start pursuing public health research with an MD/MPH?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

lovegalore1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm currently interested in an MD/MPH, but I wasn't sure what a future career with this dual degree looked like.

If I'm interested in later helping form health policies or doing public health research for the underserved community, am I able to do this while still being a practicing physician?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm currently interested in an MD/MPH, but I wasn't sure what a future career with this dual degree looked like.

If I'm interested in later helping form health policies or doing public health research for the underserved community, am I able to do this while still being a practicing physician?
Of course.

Reactions: 1 user

Most definitely. I know in California there are Senators with MDs and one or two wth an MPH as well and they are all still practicing.

Reactions: 1 user