1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Do you think I can make submit my app on time?

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by FLaCoPHaRm, Aug 18, 2011.

1. FLaCoPHaRm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Hello everyone, I am sorry if it seems like I am bombarding your forums. Mods please take any action if this thread is repetitive (did a simple search) but I am curious to learn as quickly as possible.

The only pre-reqs I have left after this fall is physics 1 and 2 and a macroeconomics class. I have not taken my PCAT and would take the January PCAT if need be. I do not have LOR's, although I have the 3 professors lined up. Nova's deadline is the 5th of January. So far I have just over a 3.8 school GPA. I have no pharmacy experience but I do have research experience (USDA internship).

Do you think I can submit before the deadline, self-study for the PCAT this fall hope for a decent score and at least be looked at? I know the LOR would be a bottle neck but I am curious what are your opinions are.

I was actually thinking of just taking it slow and doing it right one time. Meaning, I would apply for 2013 and use the entire year of 2012 for the application. I would be able spread out my courses, physics 1 during the spring, take the PCAT Kaplan course during the summer, take the July PCAT
    (september PCAT if needed) physics 2 during fall 2012. Maybe volunteer get some volunteer work in.

Thank you all in advance.

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Digsbe

Pharmacist 7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    If Nova requires the PCAT then you may not be able to finish in time if your goal is to take the January PCAT. You may be able to do it if you take the PCAT next month though.

4. FLaCoPHaRm

5+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    Yeah, but that is just setting myself up for failure, it's not even a month away. I thought the PCAT can be pending after you submit.

I guessing the slower approach is best at this point.

5. xtsukiyox

Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Pharmacy Student
    If I understand correctly, schools that require PCAT won't look at your application as complete until the PCAT score comes in. I would call the school before you 100% decide, though - ask what they'd do if you applied pending a January PCAT. That'll dictate your answer.