Do you think I have a chance?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

jaykav07

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Right now I'm taking the MCAT in April, and my GPA at the end of the semester will be 3.2, and that's graduation.

My EC's aren't spectacular but they aren't horrible.

I was an officer in 2 clubs for 2 years and did research for a club for 2 years. I TA'd some and have volunteer hours.

I mean I think I would need to do an SMP for that, but my MCAT score won't be back on time to apply, probably to either a DO school either...

Members don't see this ad.

do any research for the school?
No, only through the club
do you have any clinical experience?
I volunteered at a hospital?
you haven't really provided much except your GPA. Be a little bit more specific.

---

Members don't see this ad :)

On your medical school application you'll be required to list the total hours, the number of hours per week, the start date, the end date, and a description of your activities. Obviously we're not asking for that detailed but it'll help us evaluate your situation. your EC's are not an insignificant thing.

Are you going for MD or DO, you have next to no chance at MD unless you are a URM. DO, you have a chance with an upward trend and a good MCAT score.