Do you think judicial opinions are good reading material to help with CARS?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SterlingMaloryArcher

Membership Revoked
Removed
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
If not, what else?

Members don't see this ad.

I personally like reading random entries from Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy: Stanford Encyclopedia of Philosophy

They help me appreciate humor like the following:

20140809.png

Reactions: 3 users
no, the writing wont be like anything you see on CARS. do it if you are interested but it's not the same kind of writing. It will use a lot of legal constructions, vocabulary, and structures that you may not be familiar with. Everything in the CARS section will be in plain English; analytical, but will not presuppose any specialized knowledge about reading texts in one particular way or another.

Members don't see this ad :)
Legal writing is extremely specific and not like anything else. It's not likely to help you very much. I'd maybe read some important SCOTUS opinions just to see how they work if you're curious, and because I think everyone should read the landmark cases, but don't waste your time on it.

There are enough CARS practice passages out there that you do not need to play a guessing game with other material.

Reactions: 1 user
If not, what else?

If you happen to be running out or do run out of CARS practice passages like I did, try to get old LSAT verbal passages.

I used them in conjunction with actual CARS material when I was trying to preserve enough CARS passages to make it to my exam date, and they helped.

Reactions: 1 user