Quantcast

Do you think your predmed institution prepared you well for the MCAT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.
Mine definitely did not. I am having to learn chemistry and physics to a much deeper level than we covered it in class and all the topics that we skipped have to be learned as well. This is not good.

Richter915

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine most definitely did. Many courses understood the volume of pre-med students enrolled and prepared us well. Often these premeds are bio or biochem majors who almost always taking cell biology, biochem I and II, genetics, and animal development among others. Taking these courses as undergrads will definitely help later on in medical school.

bob123456

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
The MCAT was a joke compared to my classes. I would rather have it the other way around though, i hate my school.

akinf

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ya...my school definitely did. Except for maybe the verbal section...

KOREAownsGando

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine definitely did not. I am having to learn chemistry and physics to a much deeper level than we covered it in class and all the topics that we skipped have to be learned as well. This is not good.

I think so. ~90% of the high-yield or relevant topics, we did cover them in our classes. Just need to re-memorize and re-call some minor facts, that is all.

BigRedPremed

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
About as well as can be expected, especially in orgo. Unfortunately, I only had 1 passage of orgo on test day but such is the way luck goes sometimes.