Do you think your predmed institution prepared you well for the MCAT ?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FreeMeDoctor

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Mine definitely did not. I am having to learn chemistry and physics to a much deeper level than we covered it in class and all the topics that we skipped have to be learned as well. This is not good.

Members don't see this ad.

Mine most definitely did. Many courses understood the volume of pre-med students enrolled and prepared us well. Often these premeds are bio or biochem majors who almost always taking cell biology, biochem I and II, genetics, and animal development among others. Taking these courses as undergrads will definitely help later on in medical school.

The MCAT was a joke compared to my classes. I would rather have it the other way around though, i hate my school.

Ya...my school definitely did. Except for maybe the verbal section...

Members don't see this ad :)
Mine definitely did not. I am having to learn chemistry and physics to a much deeper level than we covered it in class and all the topics that we skipped have to be learned as well. This is not good.

I think so. ~90% of the high-yield or relevant topics, we did cover them in our classes. Just need to re-memorize and re-call some minor facts, that is all.

About as well as can be expected, especially in orgo. Unfortunately, I only had 1 passage of orgo on test day but such is the way luck goes sometimes.