1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

*DO YOU UNDERSTAND YOU HAVE NO JOBS WAITING?*

Discussion in 'Pre-Pharmacy' started by sozetone, Sep 1, 2018.

1. Momus

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Computer jobs
    2.jpg

Pharmacist jobs
    1.jpg

What are you trying to say again? Job saturation doesn't exist with 15,000 graduates/year?

Good luck, you are going to need it.

#101 Momus, Oct 29, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 29, 2018
    PharmD227 likes this.
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. sozetone

Pharmacist
    Temporary pharmacist in mail order setting......how embarrassing, we have been so over-saturated, they now all ask us to work as needed. yeah nice career. This wasnt in the brochure....lol

projektreverb likes this.
  4. Momus

10+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    That's not the real problem. 7k job posting, I bet you only 10% of them are real AND hiring full time, my company posts non existent job for HR requirement and hire from within. So, in reality, there are only 1000 job openings for the WHOLE USA a month lmao...

5. Timbo

7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    Good Lord. I know for a fact a lot of those pharmacist job postings are fake too as they already had somebody internal lined up. We gonna have another 15,000 new PharmDs in another 7 months too. There's over twice as many of you as there are openings. What are y'all going to do???

6. projektreverb

But I’m special brooooo!!! I shine!! I was part of ALL the orgs and did all the things!!

Momus and Melazine like this.
  7. Secret_Informant

Pharmacist
    FYI: The internal hire could be a high-performing resident of their health system, community pharmacy, or a current employee with so many years experience as a practicing pharmacist with a clear and active license and no documented medical errors: "People make mistakes but the public expects perfection," to quote a retiring pharmacist and former faculty member. Many pharmacies and residency programs are hiring their own trained personnel. This is not new information.

Shining alone is not a factor. Continually shining at ever increasing expectations is the mark of a professional. It does not matter what you did, but what you are doing.

#106 Secret_Informant, Oct 30, 2018
    Last edited: Nov 3, 2018
    ScienceLover97 and projektreverb like this.
  8. ScienceLover97

2+ Year Member

Not disagreeing totally, but these openings on Indeed available this month are not the annual job openings.

#107 ScienceLover97, Oct 31, 2018
    Last edited: Oct 31, 2018
  9. UGAZ

UGAZ SDN Gold Donor
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

A lot of these jobs are probably already filled and not even really available. They already have people to hire. The postings are just for "fair" employment policy, which is a total joke.