Do you wish there were more ADEA dental schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

• Yes... more schools mean more applicants get in!

Votes: 11 25.6%
  • No... more schools would mean more dentists, which translate into stiffer competition in the future.

Votes: 32 74.4%

• Total voters

busupshot83

S.D.N. Vet
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

I wish there were more dental schools in Canada....and in some way, medical schools too!

Originally posted by The Musketeer
I wish there were more dental schools in Canada....and in some way, medical schools too!

Although I understand where your coming from, I dont think Canada needs any new dental or med schools. With our population, we simply dont need to be churning out new drs. There is no shortage, until there is, then I'd agree with you.

Members don't see this ad :)
Originally posted by Woodsy
dude there is a shortage of doctors in canada.

Then I agree.

There is a shortage? My cousin is finishing her residency at UofA, and she told me that in Alberta medical doctors are in sufficient supply. I suppose there may be a shortage in rural communities.

There is only a shortage of doctors in rural communities like Dentaldream said...If you cant find a doctor in Toronto, then your mental.

shortage in rural and northern areas.

yes.

shortage nonetheless...

Canada is really bad at attracting ppl.

It's like, even I wanna leave.

if you got into medicine in Canada, you would stay.

that's a very strong presumption.

I would only stay if i didn't get into dentistry and if i didn't get into any fancy med schools in the states. I don't think Medicine is what I want to do. If not I would have applied to medicine instead of dentistry. I only applied to dentistry because that is what i want to do. I can get into both if I were to apply. Especially when canadian med schools drop the worst year. I'd have like a 3.8 something with an 11 in each section of the MCAT.

I simply did it as a backup (hence SABA but that was last minute). I didn't want to apply to medicine it's such a tedious process, on top of dentistry...pain in the ass. Coz you cant write garbage and expect to get in. You have to take time for those essays.

Staying in Canada in general:
there is a good chance i'd get into dentistry at U of T, but I don't even know if I'd go to U of T. I just want to start a new life. I want to be somewhere that I would like to go.

Yes I do realize i'd save a lot more money. But that is not the issue right now.

I only said that because you said that you wished that there was more med schools in Canada and that you applied to the Caribbean, so I thought dentistry was your backup.

Originally posted by avingupta
I only said that because you said that you wished that there was more med schools in Canada and that you applied to the Caribbean, so I thought dentistry was your backup.

oh not at all, but yeah ti's no biggie. Dentistry is #1 choice. I just told Dentaldream that there is a shortage of doctors (because he says there are too many). I didn't imply we need more med schools. I think we have enough in Canada as it is.